The Office of Industry & Corporate Research is the first point of contact for industry and corporate entities to form mutually beneficial research relationships with GW.
Because our team has been in the private sector, we understand the needs of our corporate collaborators, which uniquely positions us to work more effectively for them.
Collectively, our offices have more than 90 years of industry expertise and serve as a single point of service. We have formed enduring relationships with our industry collaborators that have reaped positive results for both. Our services are broad and include:
Industry Led Research
- Develop letters of intent (LOI), memorandums of understanding (MOU), and contracts to support research led by industry and research created at GW
- Identify appropriate researchers to work with industry partners
- Serve as the point of contact between GW researchers and industry partners
Collaborative Research Agreements
- Joint pursuit of research opportunities funded by government agencies
- Joint pursuit of research with national labs
- Develop executive education and training programs for corporate entities
- Develop internship programs and researcher exchange programs
- Arrange and negotiate all SBIR/STTR initiatives between GW and industry partners
- Arrange meetings/relationships with international organizations and foreign entities
- Arrange international research collaborations
Intellectual Property and Technology Commercialization
- Coordinate IP and technology commercialization efforts between industry and GW
Shared Equipment Use
- GW has world class research facilities and equipment that can be shared with our industry partners and our office coordinates the use of this equipment.
- We have created novel equipment collaborations with our industry partners and assist industry in improving product offerings.
- Help strengthen corporate brand and name recognition among GW researchers, faculty and students by hosting industry events
- Host speaker series and vendor fairs to showcase industry research and latest equipment developments